8/18/2010

Part II: Sorry, but I'm over that topic now

I know the last blog post promised (at least) two parts. Sorry, but I'm over that topic now. At one point I had more to say, then work and life got in the way and kept me from committing those thoughts to public memory. Frankly, I just don't want to revisit the topic at this point. I have other ideas to write about now.

It was going to be some reflective/introspective self-dialogue about how much of the past year I devoted to talking in comparison to how much time I spent putting my abundant words into action. I can respond to that prompt in just two words: NOT ENOUGH. I publicly commit to spending more time doing and less time talking this year.

4 comments:

  1. Well put. We need to talk less and do more, Bridgette. You are an active person who will change the world.

    Leigh Zeitz
    http://drzreflects.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Leigh! It was great to see you Monday.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I smiled as I read your post. It reminds me of a time when I was teaching 7th grade Language Arts. We were in the midst of a project and I was "imparting my knowledge" to the class. I guess I was convinced I had things to tell them. One young man said in a very frustrated and loud voice, "Mrs. Horan, if you would just stop talking, we could get going!" Wow! He was exactly right and I had to admit it in front of the class. His "stop talking and get going" will stay with me forever. Thanks to Josh, who taught me a very valuable lesson.
    Have a great year, Bridgett!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's classic, Laura! Makes me really miss my classroom. Sounds like there are many exciting things happening at MNW. Hope your year gets off to a great start!

    ReplyDelete